2010-01-20

Installing RMagick

The other day I had to install RMagick in order to get a RoR project running on a local box to do some maintenance and add new functionality.

Well, I thought everything would be all fine and dandy because I had installed ImageMagick to mess around with previously. But, for some reason, gem install rmagick was complaining it couldn't find Magick-Config or something.

I ended up trying a bunch of suggestions from other blogs (which I conveniently forgot to list...sorry for not giving credits) and somehow came up with this configure for ImageMagick:
./configure --disable-static --with-modules --without-perl --without-magick-plus-plus --with-quantum-depth=8

I've not had the time nor the patience to figure out which option is the key to this all; but, RMagick installed without problem.